Ash Gentle's Banana Bread
- 2 cups of Spelt flour
- Pinch of baking powder and bi carb soda
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ a cup or a little more of homemade applesauce
- 3 overly ripe mashed bananas
- Handful of chopped, pitted dates
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- ½ cup of milk (approximately)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. In a smaller separate bowl, gently mix the mashed banana, eggs, milk, and applesauce.
- Add the wet ingredients with the dry and add the walnuts and dates. Make sure you don’t over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan, and place in the oven for about an hour; rotate the Banana Bread when it has been cooking for 30 minutes. Bake until golden brown on top.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.